CURRIED SHRIMP IN PITA
YIELDS: 4 servings
1 lb. Classic Seafood peeled and deveined shrimp, 31-40 count
1 T Urban Herbs curry madras
½ red pepper, medium dice
½ English cucumber, peeled, seeded, medium dice
2 green onions, chopped
½ C plain yogurt
1 T cooking oil
¼ C roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, toss red pepper, cucumber, onions and peanuts, if using.
2. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
3. Add shrimp and curry to pan, tossing to coat.
4. Sauté the coated shrimp over medium heat 3-5 minutes, until shrimp are pink.
5. Stir in yogurt to the shrimp and curry.
6. Add shrimp to bowl with vegetables and serve in pita halves.
*Also good chilled