PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH QUINOA and TARRAGON BUTTER
YIELDS: 4 servings
16 Classic Seafood scallops, U10
1 C Urban Herbs red quinoa
½ C Urban Herbs dried pears, chopped
1/3 C Urban Herbs dried currants
1 C white wine
2 T butter, cut into pieces
1 T fresh tarragon, chopped
1 T cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
2. Add quinoa and a pinch of salt. Return to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer uncovered for 15 minutes adding pears and currants halfway through.
3. Cover to keep warm.
1. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
2. While heating oil in a large skillet over medium heat, toss scallops in flour and tap to remove excess.
3. Place flat side down in pan, making sure not to crowd (cook in 2 batches if necessary, adding more oil as needed).
4. Cook 3-4 minutes until golden then carefully turn over and cook another 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove scallops and keep warm. Add wine and tarragon to skillet. Reduce by half.
6. Add butter 1 piece at a time, stirring constantly to thicken.
7. To serve, divide quinoa onto 4 plates.
8. Nestle 4 scallops in quinoa and drape scallops with tarragon sauce.