WALLEYE WITH BLUE CHEESE ORZOTTO* and FIG GLAZE
YIELDS: 2 servings
2 Classic Seafood 6-8 oz. walleye fillets
½ lb. Urban Herbs Mediterranean orzo
½ lb. The Cheese Shop Blue Castello
½ C heavy cream
¼ C Urban Herbs black mission figs, stemmed and diced
1 shallot, diced
½ C white wine
1 T butter, cut into pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook orzo in 3 cups of boiling water for about 15 minutes and drain.
2. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat heavy cream.
3. Add Blue Castello, stirring to blend and thicken.
4. Heat through then add orzo and stir to blend. Serve with walleye.
1. While orzo is cooking, heat oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat.
2. As oil heats, dredge walleye in flour, shaking to remove extra.
3. Place in pan “face” side down.
4. Cook 2-3 minutes then turn and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove from pan and keep warm.
6. To pan, add shallot and figs. Sauté 1 minute then add wine and reduce by half.
7. To finish, add butter, 1 piece at a time, stirring constantly to thicken and pour glaze over walleye.
*Orzotto-pasta version of risotto